Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Only Nation Lives In Lucid Dreams.

Good day to you all. So, in today's blog I'm going to attack a certain subject that we all know as...........dreams. Sounds exciting, right? Well, it is. So let's do it!

Alright, so lately in my Psychology class (which isn't my favorite class), we've been discussing dreams and how they come to exist. There are two theories on this: the first being that dreams are symbolic and relate to things going on in our lives, and the other theory being that dreams are just the result of the brain doing a bunch of random stuff while we're asleep. Personally, I agree with the first theory moreso. I've been having a large amount of incredibly odd dreams lately, so I've consulted a website, DreamMoods.com, to help understand these dreams. And, from their interpretations of the different parts of my dream, a large amount of them seem to make sense. Dreams are definitely an interesting phenomenon, and perhaps we'll never know where these dreams come from, but I feel that the first theory is incredibly true about dreams.

Now, I shall explain a few of my dreams that I can remember to you:

1. Basically, I had a dream that a man was chasing me. Yes, the typical "chase" dream. We've likely all had them. Anyways, this man was a rather raggedy looking man (stereotypical homeless gentleman) and he was saying all of this jibberish to me. I ran to my house and he followed me and tried to break into my house, and I grabbed a gun, and I don't remember what happened at that point. Yeah. Sorry to disappoint. I hate dreams like that as well, where all of this crazy stuff happens and I can't remember the ending. It's like watching a movie and leaving 20 minutes early. Unless that movie's a romantic comedy, then you know how it's going to end. But regardless. Anyways, that's dream #1.

2. This dream was actually really funny. This dream involved me and my entire college Psychology class (ironic, is it not?) and our teacher gave us this rather absurd assignment which I can't remember, but only gave us until the end of the class period to completed it. As predicted, this didn't go over well, and one of the students in my class legitly cussed our teacher out and left the class. What was I doing? Well, the only logical thing that a person who's given a huge assignment to finish before the end of the class period does: plays a bass guitar. Wait, what? Yeah, it makes no sense to me either. Weird stuff indeed. Well, dream #2 is down.

3. All that this dream consisted of was me walking around my house and getting ready while the song Hearing Damage by Thom Yorke was playing in the background. Yeah, boring. On to the next one.

4. Insane was what this dream was. Basically, all this dream was was a huge impromptu dance number in the parking lot to Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of the dance moves of the dream, but it was absolutely amazing. It was pretty much like this, minus the alien in the teddy suit:



Yeah, awesome, right? That's the kinda stuff that goes on in my head when I'm sleeping. Cool? I thought so too.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back with more dreams, hopefully. I encourage you to go to DreamMoods.com to interpret your dreams, because it actually is really interesting, and in my case, rather truthful, so if you wish, go there and check it out. But, for now, I'm out. I bid you good morrow. :D

-Creech.

1 comment:

  1. The idea that dreams relate to what is going on in our lives and the idea that dreams are just the brain doing "random stuff" aren't incompatible. Your brain may start out by creating random sensations - but the way your brain interprets these sensations to create a story - a dream is a story, not just a bunch of random images - would depend on what is going on in your life.

    The theory that dreams are a response to random stimuli given off by the brain is known as the continual activation theory and was developed by J. Allan Hobson and Robert W. McCarley in the 1970s)

    You can find out more about this and other theories about dreaming (including later work by Hobson) at the website http://www.meaningofdreams.org

    You might also want to look at the Dream Themes section of that website, which provides detailed explanations of common dreams like dreams about being chased and dreams about being at school.

    ReplyDelete