Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Untitled.

Hi there. So, this blog is actually going to be somewhat serious for once, which is odd for me, I realize, but last weekend, something kind of odd happened that gave me a really weird feeling. I know this sounds like it doesn't make sense whatsoever, but I'll explain.

As you may know, I work at a nursing home in town. I don't actually see the actual residents there all that much, because my main job is washing dishes, but I still see them enough to know who a lot of them are. Well, one day last weekend, as I was getting off of work, I walked up to the front of the building to use the restroom before I left. As I was walking up to the front, I saw one of the residents in a wheelchair, just sitting and staring out the front door. And, naturally, I wonder what was going through his mind. What would go through a person's mind if they were sent, for one reason or another, to a nursing home? I'm sure a lot of people have gotten used to it after being there for an extended period of time, but I couldn't imagine after so many years of being at home, being sent to a place with a bunch of strangers.

So, this blog didn't really have much of a point, I suppose. I just had been thinking about this for awhile, and it has, as stupid as this probably sounds, changed my perspective on life in a really odd sort of way. I'm not even sure why, but it was an odd experience to say the least, and I won't soon forget it.

-Creech.

No comments:

Post a Comment