Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forgive Them Even If They Are Not Sorry.

Greetings. So, here on TOM (my creative acronym for Tales of Misfortune. Good, isn't it?), I've decided to discuss music. Recently, one of the bands I've grown to like, arguably as much as Pink Floyd or the Smashing Pumpkins, is the Strokes. The band somehow began to grow on me. They had a unique simple musical style, with great guitar lines, a tremendous rhythm section, and the unique, droning, and half-asleep-sounding vocals of Julian Casablancas. However, after their 2006 album First Impressions of Earth, they all decided to do their own thing. Albert Hammond Jr. went on a solo stint, which actually was pretty freaking good (check it out if you want to), Nikolai Fraiture started a solo project called Nickel Eye (get it?!), Fabrizio Moretti joined a band known as Little Joy, which I haven't heard much of, and Nick Valensi........well, is with his family. But what about Julian? What has he been doing? Sure, he's worked on a couple of songs, including this catchy song for a Converse commercial and a guest vocal on The Lonely Island ("I saw a Spanish guy doing the Bartman"), but he hasn't got his own musical thing going on, nor is he raising the family. So what is he doing?

He answers our question by preparing to release a solo album. Titled "Phrazes For The Young". In my homeland of the US, it comes out on November 3rd (I think), but I've heard two tracks from it, 11th Dimension and River of Brakelights. And both are really good. They're definitely different from the Strokes laid-back style of garage rock, and they're more electronic sounding, even. 11th Dimension is super catchy and has Julian singing the line that this blog is titled from, "forgive them, even if they are not sorry." River of Brakelights is a completely different animal. It's 5 minutes of the strangest sounding electronic music you'll likely ever hear.

However, don't take my word for it: listen for yourself.





Nonetheless, I am absolutely stoked for Julian's solo album, and will definitely be purchasing it ASAP.

-Creech

No comments:

Post a Comment