Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Monday, November 9, 2009

Doin' Stuff With The Food.

Hello.

So, I recently borrowed the 1st season of Flight of the Conchords from my friend Chris, who is borrowing it from my friend Mitch. Complicated triangle of DVD viewing, isn't it? I'm not sure if that made sense. But anyways, I watched the 1st season of FOTC, and lemme tell ya: it's tremendous. The way they mix their songs in with the hilarious ridiculous stories they have is hilarious. One of the funniest songs on Flight of the Conchords was a song, oddly enough, by a band that isn't FOTC. A band featuring comedians Todd Barry and Demetri Martin, called the Crazy Dogggz (3 g's and a z). You'd likely have to watch the episode of FOTC featuring this song to get the gist of what's going on, but basically:

Todd is a bongo player who Murray, the band's manager, invited to join Flight of the Conchords, but Bret and Jemaine (Flight of the Conchords), want Todd out after he plays ridiculous bongo solos. Eventually, the bands goes to fire Todd, but Todd convinces Jemaine to fire Bret instead. Bret starts a new band with Demetri, a keytar player. The two bands, known as Flight of the Conchords and the Original Flight of the Conchords, play a few gigs together, and then eventually, Todd and Demitri decide to form their own band, called the Crazy Dogggz. They perform the following song, Doggy Bounce. And hilarity ensues:



So, yeah, Flight of the Conchords is great. Check it out for yourself if you can. You won't regret it. Promise.

-Creech.

No comments:

Post a Comment