Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Sunday, August 15, 2010

There's A Kid Who Had A Big Hallucination.

The Final Cut by Pink Floyd. Such a good song. It's got a really sweet guitar solo. As I typed that, the solo began. I swear I didn't plan that...........or did I?



Ahem. Anyways, here's my blog for the evening. I begin this blog with a question: have you ever thought of, to put it bluntly, leaving your life behind here and starting anew "from scratch", so to speak? It's an interesting idea, and with numerous films showing this idea, it seems to have begun achieving more popularity, especially with high school graduates. I mean, why wouldn't it? It's logical. Getting to go off to college. Living in a dorm (somewhat) independently. Meeting new people. Going for a degree to obtain a career you want. It's a perfect plan. And I'm not knocking people who do this, don't get me wrong. I've actually been thinking of doing the same thing, to be totally honest.

I had a talk with an incredibly good friend of mine recently who just graduated high school a few short months ago. He told me about how he plans to do essentially what I described in the previous paragraph, leaving everyone behind and going off to achieve a degree in a career he loves (in his case, acting). Basically leaving this life behind and starting anew. And while I fully support him in this, it got me to thinking. Situations like this a really a double edged sword (I hope I'm using the term correctly. Haha.) If you go away to achieve your dreams (to use a cliche term) then you leave all of the people you love behind, and if you stay to be with those close to you, then you may not be able to achieve your dreams. So, what in the hell do you do?

Thus where the thinking comes into play.

I really love this idea very much. I honestly don't really have a plan of what I want to do, to be totally honest with you, though. I toyed with the idea of getting a career in Communications and becoming a radio DJ, but recently, I've been playing drums and have really seriously considered a career in music. Of course, I can't really do anything with my music career in this small town, so I'll have to leave at some point to achieve my dreams. And of course, there are people who I really care about and love and don't want to leave behind, but then I start thinking, and I realize they likely won't care when I'm gone. Which sounds awful, I know, but I don't mean for it to, but it's logical. People move on, you know? I, however, am terrible with this moving on thing. Haha. So, I don't know what to do.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Peace and whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment