Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.

Peace and love.

Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm So Scared That I'll Never Get Put Back Together.

Bonjourno! This is my blog. It's been a while (stop me if you've heard this before). Why has it been so long, you ask? Well, this blog will actually explain why it's been a few why I've blogged. Long story short, I had to have surgery done. What kind of surgery? Well, I'll simply name the surgery and allow you to go from there to figure it out or whatever: it's called a urethroplasty. Yeah, sounds pretty brutal, right? Well, it shockingly wasn't too terrible. Ok, yeah, it sorta was. But I digress.

For starters, we had to be at the hospital at about 5 in the morning or so, for my surgery (which started at about 7:30 or so, if memory serves). I only got about three hours of sleep the night before, so I was incredibly tired, but that will be irrelevant later on. The two and a half hour period between my surgery and my arrival was perhaps the most nervewracking wait for anything I've ever experienced. To be totally honest, I was incredibly damn nervous. This was my first major surgery, so understandably, I was genuinely freaked out. I basically just waited and watched Sportscenter while intermittently talking to the numerous doctors/surgeons/anesthesiologists that came in to talk to me, and basically attempted to not be so nervous about stuff. Then, 7:30 arrived. They laid me on the operating table............and went at it.

Ok, kidding.

But they talked to me for a bit, got me situated and what have you, had me wear this odd foil hat (as I said to the nurse, I didn't know whether to wear it or put my leftovers in it. *rimshot*), and then gave me the anesthesia, and whatever happened from the period after that and me being in recovery is totally washed from my memory. I woke up in quite a bit of pain, feeling rather crappy obviously, as most people do right after surgery. All of the rooms were full, so I was stuck in the recovery room for quite a long time. I have no idea how long, because I essentially combated the long wait by sleeping. Yeah, sleeping. But finally, at around 4 or so, if memory serves, I was finally taken up to my room. After that, it was a pretty interesting experience. Typical hospital staying and what have you. Nurses coming in and checking my vitals and all that jazz. Kinda amusing, my family would talk to me and I would literally fall asleep while they were speaking to me. Anesthesia's nutty, man.

I shared a room with a rather kind older man, who didn't really talk too much, but as I said, he seemed friendly enough. My dad talked a bit about NASCAR with him, but I never got the chance to speak with him. I was really bummed for him because he didn't have any visitors or anything (at least during the time that I was there), which I can imagine was really bad. I was going to wish him a quick recovery before I left, but some doctors were speaking to him, so I didn't have the time.

As I said, the rest of my hospital experience was pretty normal. I slept alot, and met a ton of doctors and nurses who were all incredibly friendly and helpful, and overall, I would say my time at the hospital was actually really enjoyable. It didn't hurt they had cable, though. :P But overall, it was great. Not saying I wasn't glad to leave, because.............well, yeah. Laying in bed watching TV for an extended period of time is only entertaining for so long, so thankfully I got to leave earlier today, and got home about 5 1/2 hours ago, and am basically on the road to recovery. Got a few weeks before my post-op checkup, so hopefully all goes well with the healing and what have you, and I'll be back and fully recovered soon.

Sorry for the incredibly long blog, but I had a bit more to talk about than I imagined I would. Well, anyways, I'm off to go lie down and continue recovering. Wish me luck, guys. :)

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment