Want to know more about me?!

My photo
Back in 1974, corruption and lies were running rampant in the streets. To put an end to this corruption, one man was put in charge of the team that was given this job. That man is of no relation to me.

Mission Statement

Greetings, and welcome to my blog. I am the main person who operates this blog. Ok, I'm the only person who operates this blog. But I was trying to sound professional. Anyways, this blog's really about nothing. Just my thoughts on whatever comes to my mind. Hope it doesn't suck. Haha.



Peace and love.


Monday, June 28, 2010

Songs I Think Don't Suck.

Hello. It's been a week. Since my last blog, I mean. I've been busy living my life. AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Eh-eh, eh-eh, eh-eh. Sorry, T.I. and Rihanna infiltrated this blog for a second. Anyways, that sets me up for the perfect segue. Speaking of music, I've been listening to a lot of new music lately. Well, granted, I listen to music quite often, actually, but it seems like I've been getting into a lot of new music as of late.

The first song I've gotten into are by a band called Neutral Milk Hotel. They're apparently a rather popular indie rock band who released a superb album and then just disappeared. Good work, guys. Their super popular album (using that as loosely as possible), In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, is actually pretty good. They do have a really terrible name though, and their vocalist isn't the best, but hey: I listen to the Smashing Pumpkins. So I can look past stupid band names and lackluster vocals. Their lyrics are also incredibly nonsensical. A lot of people think a lot of lyrics are about Anne Frank, which is kinda interesting if you ever want to look into them. But mostly, the lyrics are the definition of stream of consciousness. Anyways, they have a few really good songs. Here are those really good songs, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, Holland 1945, and The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1:







The next song is by a band that I've never heard of called Broken Bells, which is a pretty sweet band name. I know they feature a person who I've never heard of from a band called The Shins and another guy named Danger Mouse, who's in a really good group called Gnarls Barkley. Who I love. I heard this song flipping through the Sirius Satellite Radio channels. Well, at least the last refrain (the "it's too late to change your mind" part) which led me to download this song. It's called The High Road. Listen and maybe enjoy.



This song is by a band called Monsters of Folk, which is another awesome band name. It features people from Bright Eyes (their producer and then Conor Oberst, who's really good from what I've heard), My Morning Jacket (who I've never heard of), and She & Him (not Zooey Deschanel), so they're pretty legit. Ironically enough (not sure if I'm using the term right), this song that I really like by them isn't folksy at all. It's called Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.), and it's probably not what you'd expect it to sound like from a band called Monsters of FOLK. Alas, it's still great. Here comes the fury.



And I think that'll do for now. I'll probably return with some more music later when I find some more new stuff I enjoy. But this'll suffice. Catch y'all later.

One tribe, y'all.

-Creech.

No comments:

Post a Comment